Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This Is What I Drink: 77


Ninkasi Total Domination IPA

As you can see from the picture, we had to brown bag this bad boy. Why is that? Because we were drinking in the park, aw yeah. It was actually a pretty great scene that combined high school punks, dog walkers, and homeless drug addicts. The highlight being when a crazy lady went into the port-a-potty and just started slamming her fists and feet into it while screaming. It made for good beer drinking because we were all glad that we weren't her. Oregon has some good beers (Caldera + Rogue which I have reviewed before), but I was excited to see this brand from Eugene which I'd never tried before. Our friend Nathan recommended it, so I figured it would be tasty. Oregon is also known for it's hops and the Total Domination IPA has a lot of great hoppy flavor. At 6.7% it took a bit out of me drinking a whole bomber in the afternoon, but I enjoyed it. It was crisp, floral, with a little bit of citrus acidity and a nice bitter finish. Definitely a good park drinking beer, though I don't think I've really seen this stuff on the East coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment