Friday, September 17, 2010

This Is What I Drink: 74


Sioux City Cream Soda

I was going to regret not grouping this beverage in with the rest of the "Sioux Falls" related drinks until I realized that they were two completely different places. Shame on me for thinking that two nondescript Midwestern cities might be similar. But seriously, I'm pretty into this line of sodas. They seem to be fairly common to spot in convenience stores and gas stations once you get west of Ohio. As far as I know their entire line uses pure cane sugar as a sweetener which is a must. Apparently they have a Cherries 'n Mint (huh?) flavor, which I'd love to try, but I've never seen that one on the road. Here's a description of the brand from their website: "Sioux City embossed bottles were developed in 1987 and were one of the first western-themed soft drink brands in the country." Umm...Congratulations? I guess you beat Cowboy Coke to the punch, but unless I'm missing something, what else would be considered a western-themed soft drink? In the end, it's a fairly decent cream soda. The flavor is too sweet and chemically tasting for me, so I really miss any kind of vanilla flavor. Cream soda is pretty difficult to pull off and this one just doesn't quite cut it, but it's not terrible. I will say that the bottle design is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment