Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This Is What I Drink: 68



Cheap Shots Wheel (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)

What do you usually want after a malt? Cheap shots! How do you want to get those shots? Spin a wheel! This is probably one of the better ideas a bar has ever had. Make a gigantic wheel that offers $2 shots. Some are disgusting and vague (windex shot, pictured below) and some are pretty basic (lemon drop.) This is just the thing to seduce a bunch of dudes from Delaware. Maybe this is a common trick in bars, but it was my first encounter with anything like it. My first shot was something with bourbon that I can't remember the name of. I think it had bourbon and some kind of schnapps. Being a fan of bourbon, I didn't mind that one so much. The second one I got was the windex. As you see, it kind of looks like windex. The actual ingredients involved blue curacao and some other sweet schnapps. This one was slightly sweeter and more disgusting, but still enjoyable enough. Seeing this wheel made me wonder if anyone had tasted every single shot in a single night. It seems like something I would do if I lived in South Dakota (slight offense, South D).

No comments:

Post a Comment