Thursday, July 1, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 51

Cherry Vanilla Pepsi

It's been a little while since I've purchased a non-cane soda, but seeing this cherry-vanilla flavored Pepsi made me open the cooler. I've had cherry sodas and I've had vanilla sodas, but I'm not sure I've had them both combined until now. I think I've always been in the minority when it comes to the vanilla flavored colas. Most people I know despised the very idea, but it was a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. I had a pretty intense love affair with Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream, so I felt like I was in good hands with this flavor. The final product was alright. It seemed like they played it pretty safe with the flavoring. The vanilla took over a little too much so that I couldn't really taste the cherry, but the standard Pepsi backbone was intact. I've had better Pepsi novelty flavors and I've had worse. It was a good indulgent mid-afternoon beverage purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment