Thursday, July 8, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 54

Coco Rico Coconut Soda

This is one of the more unique entries for TIWID, and I thank my friend Jon for bringing it to me. Apparently this soda is very popular in Latin markets and can be found in the "ethnic" aisles of some stores around here, but it's not very common. I believe this beverage is produced in Puerto Rico. Anyway, I wasn't really sure what I was getting into with this one and I still don't. After some research, it appears this soda tries to replicate the flavor of coconut milk and not coconut meat. I don't believe I've ever directly consumed coconut milk before, so that's maybe why I had issues with this drink. I found the sweetness to be a bit unnerving (though natural coconut is certainly not anywhere near this sweet). I thought that the first three sips or so were delicious and unique, but there was no way I was going to be able to finish the whole can. I just can't see this being a drink I would go back to on a consistent basis. This definitely opens doors to a new market though, and I hope to find some of the drinks from this site very soon. I really like their website layout, I can learn a few things from those three cool dudes in Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment