Saturday, July 3, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 52


Acme Pale Ale

This was bought on a whim. I didn't know much about this brand, but I decided that it looked like it was worth a purchase. Only after did I realize that it was the same company (North Coast Brewing) that made one of the first imperial stouts I've ever tried (Old Rasputin). That's kind of irrelevant while reviewing a pale ale, however, so I think I just brought it up for the sake of bringing that up. It's a pretty good American pale ale. Nothing to distinguish as great and nothing that makes it terrible. It leaves me not regretting my purchase. That's not an entirely negative sentence, but not entirely positive either.

Philadelphia Brewing Company's Fleur de Lehigh

This was an interesting one. I had this with a group of friends when playing the wonderful board game, The Settler's of Catan (I haven't looked at this wikipedia article that I'm linking, but I can pretty much guarantee it will be extremely nerdy and entertaining.) This is a pretty weird beer. It's super herby and savory. It kind of tastes like a black pepper beer that I had a few years ago. It has a foreign version of the word "flower" in the title, so I assume that flowers are involved. Ginger seems like a possibility as well. I only had one for the night, and I couldn't see myself having many more because it's kind of an intense experience. I'm not sure I'd seek it out, but it was a good change of palate from my usual favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment