Saturday, June 19, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 46


Dr, Pepper Soda Pops

Hmm. I had a bit of inner turmoil about buying these for my beverage blog, but I figured that not only do these pops start in liquid form, they are also supposed to taste like Dr. Pepper. Close enough for me. The first question I had was whether the Dr. Pepper company itself marketed and made the syrup for this product. Looking on the box, it appears that they've only licensed the use of their. This creates an interesting scenario where some other company is trying to create a Dr. Pepper-esque syrup, but not the real thing. I suppose that's why these don't end up tasting all that much like Dr. Pepper. Don't get me wrong, these soda pops are still a satisfying sweet, but they really taste like a black cherry flavored pop and not Dr. Pepper. The good part about that is that I love black cherry flavored things. I feel like it's pretty difficult to mimic an exact Dr. Pepper like flavor, so I don't hold it too much against them. I think there's a 7UP brand out there as well to try next.

1 comment:

  1. there's also an A&W one too, absolutely revolting!
    take everything you like about A&W Root Beer and replace it with stomach acid and sugar.
    now the Warhead Ice Pops are bangin, but thats for a totally different blog

    ReplyDelete