Monday, June 7, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 42


Great Divide Titan IPA

Another Great Divide beer, huh? Again, I guess I just slowly cycling through their entire rotation of beers. We got time, right? This was another solid beer from them. Properly hoppy, and with all of its proper citrus notes, you definitely get all the things you expect from an IPA with a good kick at 7.1% ABV. This one has really good reviews on another beer review site, and I'm not sure if I'll completely agree with them. I've certainly had better IPAs than Titan this year.

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Another classic "session" beer. This is one you buy a bunch of for a big gathering because it's cheap and satisfying. I'm not sure what it is about PBR, but I kind of gravitate toward it if it's one of many cheap beer options. There's not that much sense to it because it pretty much tastes as bad as any of them. There's something cute about them clinging to a beer award they won in the 1800's or something. That's kind of funny. Also, I have to give credit to my friend Catharine for the very artistic portrayal of the PBR can. It's better than the PBR can deserves.

On a related note, I leave you with the late great Dennis Hopper expressing his thoughts on Pabst Blue Ribbon.


2 comments:

  1. http://www.inc.com/news/articles/2010/06/metropoulos-buys-pabst-brewing-company.html

    I don't know if its beer-snobish to put this out there, but it'll be interesting to see what Pabst becomes. They just got bought by this Mogul who specializes in building up dying brands and making them profitable through weird marketing.

    I've had a lot of Pabst in my day. I don't like it, but its definitely got charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yeah, that scene in Blue Velvet alone puts Pabst up a few in my book. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete