Sunday, April 11, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 24


Woodside Farm Creamery: Coffee + Coconut Milkshake

Woodside Farm Creamery is a Delaware staple that I had heard a lot about it, but I had never actually been there. With the quick onset of beautiful Spring weather and all that comes with that (milkshake cravings), it was time to stroll on over to the farmland and see what they had to offer. While you'd think a dairy farm might have some other products like cheese or milk to buy, Woodside pretty much sticks to making and selling only their ice cream.

They have a few wild card flavors (bacon, birthday cake, dirt, motor oil) along with all of the classics, so it was difficult to decide how I was going to shape my milkshake. I'm normally a vanilla kind of guy, but I decided to spruce it up and go with a coffee ice cream + coconut mixture. With a 24 oz shake at $5.50 being the only size option, you better be prepared to make yourself kind of sick, or have a friend to share one with. We all kind of wished they had a smaller size for less money, but if you're going to drink a milkshake, you might as well go full blown milkshake.

As you can see by the color of the shake, I think I got a majority of the coconut ice cream in the mixture, which had a predominantly vanilla base. I wish I was able to taste a little bit more of the coffee flavor, but it definitely slipped onto my taste buds every few sips. The shake was super rich and thick, and getting little coconut shavings every once in a while was a nice touch. Somewhere between a beverage and a meal, I think the milkshake is one of the more intense drink experiences you could ever have, especially at a 24 oz size. I'm sure there were enough calories in there to sustain me for a couple of days, but I wasn't really counting.

Anyway, it was delicious, something that Daniel-Day Lewis or Kelis would certainly be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment