Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This is What I Drink: 63


Powerade Zero??? - Mixed Berry

Here's an oddball entry for the day. I feel like this is a drink I would probably never buy, but after we were given some for free and I saw it rolling around in the van, why not give it a go? We had just taken a particularly long walk down the main street of an Indiana town and I was legitimately sweating an awful lot. We had no water in the van, and we weren't all that close to any stores to buy some, so it was Powerade Zero time! In context of feeling really dehydrated, this tasted pretty good to me at the time. In any other context I'd say that it's kinda gross. That shouldn't be much of a surprise. I've never been very fond of artificial sweetener in any drink, and so it goes for sports drinks as well. I'm not saying that a super sugary drink would be better for you (it would probably be worse actually), but the weird taste has always rubbed me the wrong way. I suppose "the enhanced electrolyte system" is helpful, but I don't if they're just telling me what I want to hear or if there's some kind of special blend of stuff in there or not. Anyway, it's not bad and it quenched me a bit, but plain 'ole water has usually done me well when I'm working up a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment