Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This Is What I Drink : 33

Sunkist Solar Fusion Floats




Hmm...The float is such an interesting category. Much of the debate was this; is the float really a beverage? While there was a spoon involved I would say that I drank (with no need of spoon), probably 70% of it, including melted ice cream. I just feel like the combination of soda and partially melted ice cream makes it more beverage than not, but I understand the counter argument as well.

Anyway, I feel like the real star here is the "tropical mandarin" flavored soda. The other star is our friend Doug (seen in video 2), who is clearly a master float maker. One last star to Jon for chugging a float just for the heck of it (seen in video 1) This is probably the first float I've had in at least 6 or 7 years, and it might be the best one I've ever had. I've had root beer floats and "brown cows" before, but this is my first float involving a citrus soda and it was fantastic. Obviously this flavor is the inspiration for the Creamsicle (or vice versa?) and it was definitely the ideal treat for a warm late spring night. I feel like there might be more floats to follow this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment